Wood Briquette: 2.4MWe Ajil, Malaysia (Ajil Biofuel Sdn Bhd)
Sawdust, shave wood & offcuts are the main residue produced during sawing processes in the sawmill industry, whereas tree brunches are a typical residue from sustainable forest harvesting. Currently, these two residues do not have much use due to their low burning efficiency and they are usually disposed of by burning in open fires or left to decay, which contributes to air pollution and greenhouse gases.
Wood briquettes are an ideal opportunity for conversion of this organic waste into renewable fuel. With AVI-ICFB1000, high value energy dense product gas is produced, while avoiding the emission of harmful gasses and waste completely. All this is achieved in addition to generating revenue and profit from materials that have historically been costly waste.
Project Design Highlights
- Fuel treatment plant for conversion of wood waste into briquettes
- Production of 3.6 tonne per hour of briquette for gasification plant
- 2 units of AVI-ICFB1000 Gasifier
- No stack emissions and offsite effluent discharge
- Gasifier consumes 58 tonne per day to generate:
⊕ 4,214 Nm³/hr of Product Gas
⊕ 17,870,400 kWh per year